This facility for intercollegiate and recreational swimming as well as swimming instruction is a popular feature of the Hogan Center. It is named in memory of Harold M. McClure, Sr., pioneer Michigan oil man and Alma civic leader. A professional athlete before he entered the oil business in 1919, Mr. McClure at one time was mayor of Alma. Funds for the facility were donated by Mrs. Harold M. McClure Sr., and Mr. and Mrs. Harold M. McClure Jr. of Alma.
McClure Natatorium has a six-lane, 25-yard pool with competitor lane lines. Each lane is 7 feet across with 1.5 feet on each side of the pool for wave reduction. Paragon starting blocks are located in the deep end. One three-meter standard and two one meter diving boards are also located in the deep end. The facility has seating for 400 spectators.